Example Accounting & Audit by Design

This blog post provides an example of using the Accounting & Audit by Design (A&AD) Framework.

Here is the set of XBRL artifacts and projections created from those artifacts. The ultimate intent of this example is to provide a beginning to end example of an implementation of Accounting & Audit by Design.

You can follow this beginning to end example here on GitHub.

This exercise combines two working proof of concepts.  This is  my original record to report working proof of concept.  To that, this JSON-LD example was added.

What I am trying to do is to start at the business event documentation and then flow that information all the way through to the financial statement created using a specific financial reporting framework which summarizes that business event information. This is the specific financial reporting framework I am using for this experiment, my MINI Financial Reporting Framework. This MINI THEORY is that same human readable information represented in machine interpretable global industry standard XBRL. This is an example of the financial statement that I want to end up with.

It is my intention to be able to see each step in this process, from business event documentation to general journal to general ledger to lead schedule to financial statement.  Everything.  Step-by-step.  Clear. Explained.  I want to show this process with at least two separate implementation, preferably three.

I want to create TWO "paths".  The first path is a "perfect world" path where there are no self induced problems.  The second path is more "real world" where common issues and complexities exist.

After that (all of the above) is done, I want to expand the working proof of concept and add an FP&A use case to the end.  Then I want to add an audit evidence graph.

More to come, so stay tuned.

To understand more, read this paper, The End of Reactive Control: Algorithmic Certainty through Accounting and Audit by Design, which was presented at the 3rd International Conference on Auditing and Artificial Intelligence.


Additional Information:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internationalized Resource Identifier (IRI)

Example Financial Statement Holon

Inhabiting Babel, A Manifesto for Responsible Meaning Engineering